At the end of the day, Results Matter. We have to meet our goals, or else our mission is meaningless.
To better ensure we achieve our desired outcomes, we have developed a proprietary Performance Matrix which monthly assesses each facility’s performance within each of Frontline’s Five Foundations of Excellence. Frontline has also produced a comprehensive and proprietary list of operational programs called the “Frontline Fundamentals” which are categorized within Frontline’s Five Foundations of Excellence.
Five Foundations of Excellence
The Five Foundations of Excellence are hierarchical and build upon each other, starting with the most critical – People, or in this case, employees. If we don’t get the right people, the mission is over. We will not be able to provide good quality care or customer service, our census or occupancy will be compromised and our financial results will suffer.
This hierarchy of foundations also allow us to better diagnose the root causes of operational challenges. If net income is not where it should be, is this due to a lack of expense control (Finance Foundation) or census (Growth Foundation)? If a low census is the reason for the depressed net income, are our customer’s not satisfied (Service Foundation) or is our quality of care not what it should be (Quality Foundation)? If either of these are an issue, do we have the right people in place (People Foundation)?
Technology is key to operational performance in this industry and Frontline is a leader in the use of technology. Following are a number of the ways our technology sets us apart:
- All medical records are electronic in our Assisted Living facilities as well as our Skilled Nursing facilities;
- We have transitioned to electronic medication administration records where we have capable pharmacies.
- We utilize a sophisticated dashboard software to remotely monitor key performance indicators in real-time.
- Ordering of supplies is done electronically through integrated procurement software for better expense control and improved financial reporting.
- Facility maintenance programs are monitored remotely through building maintenance and management software.
- In our Skilled Nursing Facilities the MDS process is being centralized using our proprietary MDS Exchange program.
- Use of advanced call systems
- We are implementing voice activated technology within our facilities to help our residents better communicate and control their environment.